Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Fashion Thursday

Tonight, the Farmer's Market in Hattiesburg kicks off, which warrants a super special ensemble. It is also a beautiful, warm, sunny day, so I wanted my outfit to reflect the soft, lovely vestiges of spring that I see popping up everywhere.

PICT0940

I got this cardigan a couple of weeks ago. It was one of my first Mississippi clothing purchases, and it was well worth it! It reminds me of sunshine and daffodils-perfect for spring!


PICT0943

This linen top was a summertime buy, but I was ready to get it out of the closet now! It ties on one side with a white ribbon, and the tiered layers of fabric are soft and flattering.


PICT0947

I wanted to continue with the spring colors, so blue circle earrings seemed to be a good fit. With a cardigan and wedges, I felt like a semi-50's hairstyle would work. Simple and sweet.

PICT0949
PICT0953

Of course, no springtime outfit would be complete without the perfect pair of shoes! I LOVE these wedges, with their blue and green floral print, and they are so comfortable! Great for perusing the farmer's market!

Cardigan - Kato
Top - Lane Bryant
Earrings - ?
Necklace - ?
Floral print wedges - Target
Bermuda shorts - Lane Bryant

Happy spring fashion, ladies! When you see me next, I will have been stuffed to the gills with fresh produce. I can't wait!!!

*Addendum - I apologize sincerely for the typographical error on the link from Emery's blog. Clearly, it should have read "It's springtime in Mississippi." I somehow missed the apostrophe in "It's" on the link, and I am sorely ashamed of myself. Deepest apologies.

10 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

A) That top is fabulous

B) What typographical error? Cleary you were being cryptic to make us wonder, "Just whose springtime is it? Who owns Spring in Mississippi?" It worked. I am still pondering.

Molly Page said...

Loving your bright spring colors and those shoes are too wonderful for words.

jilian dee said...

such a lovely tiered shirt and you totally rock glasses :)

Erin said...

Such a cute outfit! And those shoes!!! I LOVE THEM! They are perfect!

Rachael said...

REALLY cute wedges and I love the layers on that top. You certainly do look like spring!

Tiffany Ann said...

Cute shoes and I LOVE the yellow! You look super gorgeous!

Sarah said...

this outfit is so pretty and cheery-so cute.

Billi London-Gray said...

Cute cute CUTE shoes!

Meghan Elaine said...

I love the yellow!!! You look like Spring :)

Laura said...

shoes and earrings with detail: you are a girl after my own heart :)