Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday already?

I can't believe that it's already Friday and spring fashion week is quickly coming to a close. I am writing this post reallyreally quickly because I'm about to head off to the beach in Waveland to watch a friend do some kite surfing and to work on getting a little more color. Don't worry, I ALWAYS use sunscreen!

Later tonight, I'll be headed over to New Orleans to see the PBR! I am so excited I could just squeal! Because of these two very fun events, I have two very fun outfits and have snapped pics of them both! It's like a great two-for-one deal: one post, two fun springtime ensembles, albeit from very different genres.

Beach first:

PICT0948

I got this top a few days ago in New Orleans, and it's so fun and cheery! This and the cardigan I wore yesterday are the only two yellow pieces I have. The sarong I purchased in Hawaii several years ago, and I love busting it out when the weather gets warm!

PICT0959

I love the blingy details on the top, and it went perfectly with the yellow hibiscus on the sarong! I have a pair of denim shorts underneath, but you can't see them.

PICT0956

Of course, for the beach you HAVE to do a ponytail, and I did...just differently. I chose wood earrings to contrast with the bright shirt and play up the minimal brown accents in the skirt.

PICT0960

And no beach outfit would be complete without a simple, durable pair of flip flops!

Top & cami - Lane Bryant
Sarong - ?
Shorts - Lane Bryant
Flip flops - OP
Earrings - Cato

Now, on to the rodeo...

PICT0934

I love prints that feel western, and this top is just perfect...western feel without being button-up plaid! I also love that it combines black and brown, one of my favorite combos!

PICT0946

You also HAVE to have a good pair of boots. A friend gave me these a couple of years ago, and I've kept them nicer than my Ariats. I wait to wear these when I'm going someplace "nicer." I think the PBR qualifies!

PICT0939

And here are the finishing touches: black chandelier earrings and a simple sparkly black necklace that I hooked in front to make it look kind of like a bolo tie. So fun!

Top - Cato
Earrings - ?
Necklace - ?
Boots - Wrangler
Boot-cut jeans - Lane Bryant

See you ladies again soon, AFTER I've spent some time amongst the..."ropes and the reins and the joy and the pain, and they call the thing RODEOOOOOOOOOO!"

3 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

Your rodeo top is lovely! And them boots! Woohoo! Watch out, cowboys, Andrea's headed your way!

Rachael said...

Two fun outfits in one day?! I'm jealous! Also of your yellow top....

Meghan Elaine said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the side pony. I tried it yesterday and felt like a cheeseball but you wear it well :) Enjoy your fun day!