Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Fashion Wednesday

Wow, what a busy day today has been! I went to the job fair at JCJC (which was a bust), went to Lee's for some hangout/work time and then headed home to take some pics for Spring Fashion Week.

I am lucky enough to have a friend who enjoys photography but doesn't have a nice camera, so I persuaded him to take some fun outdoor pictures for today's post. I was getting really tired of using the 10-second timer in my bedroom. So limiting!

Today was a beautiful Mississippi spring day and we had a LOT of fun taking pictures. My little friend Samuel even jumped in for one of the pictures!

Today's outfit had to be interview appropriate because of the job fair, but I also wanted to incorporate some fun colors and enjoy the nice weather.

PICT0920

I chose to pair a safari jacket with a graphic print dress, blue iridescent earrings, and the fun shoes that I wore on Monday.

PICT0932

I love accessorizing, and these earrings were just perfect! They picked up the sunlight and added some pop to the outfit. I got them for only $3.99! Can you believe it!?

PICT0937

The jacket opens so that you can see the detail of the dress; I love the empire waistline and gathering at the bust. So cute!

PICT0948

Here is my friend Samuel, who zipped over on his scooter and asked to be part of the shoot. Of course, I had to oblige! How could you resist that face?

PICT0952

Another feature of this outfit I love is the fun detail in the jacket: oversized buttons, a little oomph in the sleeves, and the belt that ties in front.

PICT0947

And because I love the earrings so much, I just had to include this one!

Safari Jacket - Gitano
Dress - Ross
Shoes - Madden Girl
Earrings - Cato

Thanks, Ben, for humoring me and taking such great pics! You rock!

5 comments:

neverenoughcoffee said...

Great outfit! Your hair's getting long--I like the shots without your glasses, you look a little sultry. Rawr!

Sarah said...

i love how its professional but still really fun

Laura said...

the earrings ARE great! and i love the print on the dress.

Billi London-Gray said...

I love the second shot with earring - so cool. You look beautiful!

Rachael said...

This is such an organized, clean look. It's so matching and great and you look lovely!