Monday, October 1, 2007

Loving Autumn

I think Autumn is my favorite time of year. It's so lovely when the weather gets crisp and you can start enjoying all those soft, lovely scarves and beanies, hug your peacoat close, and listen to the 'click-click, crunch-crunch' of your favorite boots in the falling leaves.
There are so many amazing things about Autumn; the leaves all change color, the weather gets clear and cool, and Starbucks brings back the pumpkin spice latte. Mmmmm. So tasty.
But even better than pumpkin spice lattes and warm, snuggly scarves is chili. That's right, chili. Tasty, spicy, grubbin' chili. I'm making some right now. It's got black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, ground turkey, jalapeƱos, green chilis, onions, and a plethora of wonderful spices. I can smell it as it's simmering away in the stock pot.
That chili will get me through many a night of studying and plunking away at the computer in a mad effort to get all my work done. It will sustain me when I'm famished and warm me when I'm cold. And best of all, it tastes AWESOME! I wish I could share some of my chili with you, right through this blog. But unfortunately, technology hasn't gotten that far yet. At least I can imagine all my wonderful friends enjoying the chili with me while I savor its spicy amazingness.
Hooray for fall! And hooray for CHILI!

1 comment:

Katie said...

**sniffle** You make me miss places where you get to experience autumn. Though SLO has been feeling more fall-ish lately. It'll be time for sweaters soon!