Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family Love

So apparently people don't enjoy reading about writing papers for grad school. And that's ok. It's not really the most exciting part of my life anyways. I am in the most exciting part of my life right now, home at the Tierney's.
Let me explain:
Although I love my family, they are a little bit crazy. And to keep me from going crazy, God in his goodness and mercy gave me another family to love and depend on who love me back. This is where I stay when I come back to my hometown, and these people are the ones I call when I think I can't keep going. Somehow, they manage to help me make sense of life's craziness, even when I'm having a complete meltdown.
The Tierneys are a rare breed of family because they are the kind of people who are constantly opening their home to others, and continuously redefining and enlarging their own family unit. The core of the Tierney family consists of, well, the Tierneys: Jim, Rene, Cortney, Katie, Brittney, and Matthew. They have recently added Jason, Cortney's fiancee to the family. Trish and Stephanie, a mom and daughter pair, also live here, and every other weekend or so, I become part of the household. However, on any given day, the house can have any number of people added to it. The regulars are Heath (who I was in 4-H with), Dustin (another 4-H'er), Jennifer and Brian (a mom and son pair), and Evelyn (the leader of the 4-H group we all used to be in).
It's an exciting place to be with so many people, many who aren't related to each other, giving lots of love and encouragement to each other. We go on hikes, watch movies, make lots of food play, games, and all sorts of other fun things.
But I think the thing that makes this place so incredibly wonderful is that it's grounded in the love of Jesus. We all try to show His love to each other every chance we get, in helping each other out, encouraging each other, praying together, and finding little ways to make each other feel worthwhile. It's an amazing thing to feel like a real PART of a home that's full of love, laughter, and hijinks. It really makes me not want to go back to school, but at least I know that every time I go away, I have something wonderful to come back to.

No comments: