Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A dedication for the new school year

Lord,

Help me to be holy because You are holy, help me to live a life that magnifies Your name;
Help me to seek not after my own glory, and help me to be one who demonstrates Your grace;
Let me not be tempted to exalt my own strength, but let me lean on the Rock that is higher than I;
Let me show love to those who would curse me, and let me be a resting place where the wounded soul confides.


My tongue I give to You, Lord, for I know it is easily given to malicious words and idle lies;
My mind I beseech you to take as well, for it often lacks reflection and abounds in pride;
Remind me daily of Your compassion, for I rarely give it to those who need it most;
Remind me of what You have brought me out of, yet check my pride so I may not boast.

This day and every day I give you You, my King; please be
my ruler in all that I do;
And make me holy because You are holy, that my every thought, word, and deed may bring glory to You.


Amen.

No comments: