Saturday, November 17, 2007

Technologically challenged

I've had a Dell laptop for about four years.  This semester, it decided to give me the blue screen of death multiple times, and while it hasn't completely crashed, I got scared enough to go to financial aid and get a loan increase for a new computer.  I recently ordered a macbook pro, which I received in the mail a couple of days ago.  I've been spending the last couple of days familiarizing myself with the interface.  It is waaay different from my old PC.

I was really excited about the new computer because of all the cool things it would let me do...like edit pictures, create amazing blog/website thingies, and record my own music.  The only problem is that I can't seem to figure out the programs.  Garageband seems to pick up a ton of background noise that I didn't know existed, photoshop is a mystery, and iweb is nearly as bad as photoshop.
Macbook Pro 15"


I've signed myself up for a class in using the new OS, Leopard, tomorrow at the Apple store.  I'm hoping that the workshop will help me be able to do all the amazing things I was initially so excited about.  Until then, I'm really enjoying how much faster, lighter, and comfortable this computer is.  It's so nice to be able to surf the web without iTunes freezing up.  Yes, the Mac is heaven :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! Glad it's a joy. I hope to get a new computer at the beginning of the year. I'm glad you got a mac, too. That seems fitting for you--you're so creativity oriented.

elle said...

If you need help, let me know! My dad is a Mac-a-holic, so I've learned my share of practical application on a MacBook. I got the Leopard update when I went home this week. I can walk you through almost anything!! :) Consider me your private tutor.

Congratulations on the new computer! I hope you love it. :o)

DarkWing said...

I wouldn't mind having a mac to fiddle with. People seem to be so happy with them. (rememeber that old movie where the kid got his bike crushed by a guy and the guy gives him a blank check to replace the bike. Of course he fills it in with a million dollars and when he has to come up with a name to cash it by he uses Macintosh. lol)

Andrea Terry said...

Thanks, Lindsey! I will totally take you up on that :)

Ashley said...

yay macs!