Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Amazing Race

My good friend Steven e-mailed me earlier today asking if I would apply to be on The Amazing Race with him.  The funny thing is that I had never even seen the show until I moved in with my new roommate, Laura, who is an Amazing Race addict.  She plans on applying for the show herself sometime in the future. 


My first response to Steven's invitation was to wonder why the heck he would ask me to go on the show with him.  I mean, I'm not very fit, I can't speak any foreign languages, and I can't even operate a manual transmission.  But then I got over myself and decided to apply.  It would be an AMAZING experience, I do love to travel, and I'm pretty competitive. 

So I'm going to apply.  I just finished my application, and I'm going to swing by Steven's sometime this weekend to shoot our little video saying why we should be on the show.  Should be good family fun.  I now have until April to get in shape, learn how to drive a manual transmission, and get familiar with maps....if we get chosen, that is.

Amazing Race, here I come!

4 comments:

DarkWing said...

woohoooo! good luck :D

Emery Jo said...

oh my goodness, that would be so AWESOME!! Good luck, good luck!

Katie said...

That sounds like so much fun. I truly hope you get picked. And I'd help teach you how to drive a stick if you lived down here.

Excellent Parent said...

i love that show!