Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I <3 my dad...

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my dad on the phone. Somehow we got on the topic of how school is hard for kids because they have to do lots of homework and extracurricular activities, etc, etc. For some unknown reason, I started sniffling and crying, and began talking to him about a lot of stuff from my own childhood that I had never told him. A lot of it had to do with the things that happened after he and my mom divorced. It was hard. I was VERY emotional.

He told me we could talk more when I came into town next, but I didn't wind up getting to see him because I was judging at a debate tournament.

So do you know what he did? He went out and bought me a box of yummy chocolates and made sure to give them to me this last weekend. He told me he went out and bought them after we had talked because he thought they might make me feel better and he didn't know if we'd have time to hang out and talk.

I know he'll never read this blog because he doesn't ever use computers, but I just have to say it:

I love you, Dad! Thanks for thinking of me and getting me that thoughtful treat.
I don't think you'll ever know how much that means to me!


Chocolate makes everything better :)

No comments: